12/31/2005

Best Paper Titles 2005

The funniest/weirdest paper titles of 2005:

1) "Morphogenesis of the dentate gyrus: what we are learning from mouse mutants." I, for one, welcome our new mouse mutant overlords.

2) "Raise your hand if you think I am attractive: Second and fourth digit ratio as a predictor of self- and other-ratings of attractiveness." Check out these digits, baby.

3) "What does Batman think about SpongeBob? Children's understanding of the fantasy/fantasy distinction." Thanks, I've always wondered that. Also, what's the difference between "fantasy" and "fantasy"?

4) "Sickness absence and sickness attendance—What people with neck or back pain think." Wait... wait! I know! "OUCH!"

5) "Positioning terrorism in management and marketing: Research propositions." That's just evil.

6) “Ugh! That's disgusting!”: Identification of the characteristics of foods underlying rejections based on disgust." How does this one get past IRB? And why would anyone volunteer in the first place?

7) "Alpaca semen characteristics under free and directed mounts during a mating period." I feel sorry for these scientists. And for the alpacas, who must think the scientists are pretty weird.

8) "The Impact of Finding Mucus and Blood at the Tip of Embryo Transfer Catheter on Procedure Outcome." Let me guess.... not good?

Happy New Year !

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for these. I got a good laugh out of one of these papers making your list -- it is written by a friend, and I just cited it and found it terribly amusing at the time.

1/03/2006 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Chatham said...

I'm glad someone else has enjoyed the geeky humor. :)

1/04/2006 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home